Re: [frogs] bend implementation

Marc Hohl schrieb:
Neil Puttock schrieb:
2010/1/20 Trevor Daniels <t.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

ADD_ACKNOWLEDGER asks for your engraver to be
notified whenever the referenced grob is created.
It arranges for your acknowledge_<grobname> method
to be called when a grob with name <grob_name>
is created and passes a ref to it.  See any span
engraver, eg slur-engraver.cc for the details.

Slight misconception here (which I corrected recently in the CG): It's
the grob-interface which determines which grobs are acknowledged, not
the grob name.

Regards,
Neil

Trevor, Carl and Neil,

thank you all for your informations - they are very helpful!
I will re-read some files now, and thereafter
a) start coding
b) ask more questions

I vote for a), but go for b) in the worst case ;-)
I will hopefully find the time to start with bend engravers soon, and I am wondering how to proceed. I think there will be more questions arising during the work, mostly silly ones (from a programmer's point of view), so I wonder whether I should fill up the frogs list with these questions, or does it make more sense to handle this similar to Graham's mentor proposals, so I fill up the mail inbox of just *one* person ;-)

From time to time, I can still mail a kind of summary of the work in progress to the frogs if this makes sense in order to provide some hints in engraver work for the future.

What do you think?

Marc

Thanks,