Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

On 1/15/10 4:32 AM, "John Mandereau" <john.mandereau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le jeudi 14 janvier 2010 à 22:40 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
>> macports contains texlive_2007, which AFAIK is sufficient for
>> compiling the lilypond docs.  You probably need to install:
>>    texlive_texmf-full
>> rather than just the _base or _minimal, though.  I don't
>> anticipate that this would hurt any of your existing tex work.
>
> This sounds sensible, but you know much more about macports than me :-P
>

>> That said, John knows much more about tetex/texlive than me, so go
>> with whatever he says.  :)
>
> If macports contains texlive 2007 and it's what's already installed on
> Kieren's machine, then it should be sufficient for LilyPond docs.  But
> in this case, this TeX installation from macports liusses some, as
> Metafont misses some files.  I have used only a little MacOS and I've
> never used Macports, so I don't know to address this problem, so that's
> why I proposed to install the latest and greatest Texlive (which likely
> has interesting features if you use TeX for other things) from the
> standard installer, which should work when we have sorted out PATH
> setting.

During my vacation mess with LilyPond on OSX, I ended up with the latest
installed tetex from macports as well as the latest and greatest TexLive
(which I probably didn't need, but I grabbed it because things weren't
working).  I can confirm that TexLive will work with LilyPond when the PATH
issues are resolved; and the PATH issues are not difficult to resolve.  I
just have /usr/texbin at the start of my PATH.

HTH,

Carl