Re: [frogs] PATCH for getting output-suffix to work (Trackers 714 and 404)

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 18:20:26 schrieb Ian Hulin:

 Here's the first stage of work on these trackers,  I've taken the work
Marek Klein did and polished it a little bit.

Great to see that this is not forgotten (like so many other not yet finished
patches)! Some comments below...

+    (if (string? output-suffix)
+       (set! result (format "~a-~a" base (string-regexp-substitute
+                                        "[^a-zA-Z0-9-]" "_" output-suffix))))

This rules out any accented or other foreigh letters! E.g. all chinese suffixes
will simply turn into ______. Also, German instrument names like "Fl�te" or
"H�rner" would become "Fl_te" and "H_rner" in the suffix.

I supose it would be better to use
  "[^[:alnum:]-+]"
as the regexp to allow all alpha-numeric letters.

Reinhold -
There's a restriction with the gs back-end. Marek asked abourt this and Han-Wen confirmed that's why we're restricted to ujsing the ASCII set for filenames.  So we'll have to stick to work-rounds like "Floete" and "Hoerner" in the suffix names.

 (define-public (version-not-seen-message input-file-name)
   (ly:message
     input-file-name
-    (_ "warning: ")
+    (_ "warning:")

Nice catch, but has nothing to do with output-suffix, so it should go into its
own patch.

Sorted in my git repo.

Cheers,
Ian