Re: [frogs] LSR snippets for contributors and Frogs

Mark Polesky wrote Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:02 AM

1) Included below is a revised version of an old idea.

(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-05/msg00397.html)
  But it's not a snippet at all. It's a small collection of useful
functions (2 total), both with extensive docstrings. A while back,
  Neil suggested lily-library.scm as a good location, and Graham
  suggested referring to them in NR 6. I'm starting to think that
  Graham was right. Let's say we keep putting more and more ideas
  like this into NR 6, and let's say one day it gets huge. Is that
  such a bad thing? The two snippets I wrote...

     http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=621
     http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=622

  ...could easily be re-done in texinfo and would fit nicely in NR
  6.6. The two docstrings below could easily end up in NR 6.2.
  I think NR 6 is the answer, it's just unfinished.
  What do you guys think?

I think section 8 Programming work of the CG would
be more appropriate than the NR.  Perhaps a new
subsection - Useful functions or similar.  I'd like
NR 6 to be restricted to material of direct use to
composers and engravers, not developers.  Scheme is
confusing enough for users of LilyPond and we need
to make NR 6 as easy for them as possible.

2) Why are my messages not showing up in lilynet.net/frogs?

Are you subscribed?

3) I can't modify my own snippets in the snippet database. Known
  issue or do I need to e-mail Seba?

Did you login first?  You need to.

Trevor