[godot-devel] GSoC progress report on the Godot blog

Hi dear GSoC students!

Sorry for the lack of contact on my side, things have been pretty busy
lately. If there's anything you want to discuss with me, feel free to
ping me on IRC or send an email.

I've been in touch with your mentors though and it seems all projects
are making good progress, so that's great! Don't hesitate to come
around more often on #godotengine-devel and interact with other
contributors, some of you do but others are rarely seen (that said, if
you feel IRC is a distraction when working, it's totally fine to stay
offline).

I'd like to publish a progress report on the godotengine.org blog with
an update for the 5 GSoC projects, so I'll need some text and
screenshots/videos from you to put the article together.

Could you all send me a draft (ideally in markdown) with **ca.
500-1000 words** (not a strong limit, if you want to do a bit less or
a bit more, it's fine) outlining:

- Presentation of your project, and maybe scope adjustments that have
been done already
- Details on how you've been working personally and with your mentor(s)
- Current progress status (should be the main part) ideally with
screenshots and/or videos
- Future steps
- Anything else you want to share with the world :)

The above list is to give you ideas, but feel free to write the draft
as you see best fit and as you're comfortable with. Feel free to put
links to external resources with more details, e.g. I saw Jiacheng
made a nice comparison thread on GitHub with Blender/Godot materials,
and I know Brandon has his own blog with regular progress reports.

Don't pressure yourself and don't stare at the blank page too long,
it's not a graded assignment and the community will love hearing *any*
kind of details about what you're cooking. If you need help, just ask
your mentor(s) and/or ping me on IRC.

**Deadline:** Sunday 22 July (I'll try to publish the report on
Monday). Earlier is better so that we can give you some feedback if
need be :)

Looking forward to reading about your progress!

Cheers,
Rémi