Re: [chrony-users] Chrony and systemd-timesyncd

So I found online that an rtcfile directive is needed for the rtcdata command to work. I am still getting the above error message now. Makes me wonder if RTC syncing ever worked with the rtcsync directive present. There was never really a log about chrony syncing to the RTC. I have now tried to manually set the RTC to a wrong value and have waited more than 11 minutes. The RTC is still not getting set.

The relevant kernel modules are present

$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CMOS
CONFIG_GENERIC_CMOS_UPDATE=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CMOS=y