Re: [chrony-users] Debugging PPS messages in chrony

On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 10:07:46AM +0200, Morten Nissov wrote:
> But it seems like this is not seen by chrony at all, as far as I know it
> wants the SHM update to actually synchronize, but when I added that it
> wasn't working so I'm trying to peel back the layers. Can I see
> confirmation anywhere that chrony registers the PPS by itself? My chrony
> config is loosely based on the default:

You could compile chrony with the --enable-debug option and run
chronyd -dd to see refclock debug messages, or you can add the "local"
directive to the config to force the PPS to lock to the system clock
and see if you get any measurements in the sources report.

> But the directory is forever empty:
>
> $ ls /var/log -al | grep chrony
> drwxr-xr-x   2    119             129    4096 Aug 25  2020 chrony

It could be a permission problem. Is 119 the user ID of the chrony user?