Re: [chrony-users] DNS/DKIM issue with tuxfamily.org?

I would not like it, if that is worth anything.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_    theory.physics.ubc.ca/

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

[CAUTION: Non-UBC Email]

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 01:50:17PM +0000, Joe Smith wrote:
Emails that I receive from tuxfamily.org for this group are being blocked by my organization, reportedly for security because of a failed DKIM lookup. My sysadmin indicated that the DKIM in DNS would need to be fixed. I tried sending an email to the tuxfamily.org admin a while back but got no response. I probably won't receive the responses to this if you respond to the group. Perhaps you can reply to me directly. I do apologize for this being off topic. I'd like to continue receiving these emails but can't if this DKIM issue isn't addressed. If any of you are able to look into this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Happy Holidays!

I think this was discussed before here. If tuxfamily is not willing to
fix it, there is not much we can do.

The mailing lists are unreliable. Some users get only some mails. It's
a general problem with mail. Spam broke it.

If there was a better provider for mailing lists for open source
projects, we could move. I'm not aware of any. I'm not interested in
running our own mail server.

We can also give up and switch all communication to web on gitlab. I
suspect many users wouldn't like that and the small community we have
here would be lost.