[chrony-users] Need help to understand chrony results

Hello and sorry for my band english,

I configured two virtual servers in redhat 8 with chrony. This servers are configure as NTP server for my network.

The two servers have the same configuration in chrony and the same sources, the external source chronos.univ-brest.fr is configure as prefer for the two. Servers can correctly connect to external NTP server.

I don’t understand because when i pass the command chronyc tracking, i have different results between the 2 servers in ‘ref time (UTC)’. If i launch the command in the same time on the two servers :

Server one : Ref time (UTC)  : Tue Nov 28 12:32:43 2023

Server two : Ref time (UTC)  : Tue Nov 28 12:33:00 2023

Sometimes the differents is more than 10 minutes. How to understand this ?

Thanks a lot