Re: [chrony-users] Problem when removing all sources

On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 06:16:32PM +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> TL> Thanks, I like consistency. I reran my tests using 4.5-pre1 and my test case
> TL> seems to work now.
> I may have jumped the gun a bit. When retesting the original test case
> (where all sources are dropped) using 4.5-pre1 once again, I don't get the
> "Can't synchronise: no selectable sources" message.
> I've retried many times.

There are some transient states in the selection which don't have a
log message. I reworked the logging the cover those. Please try it
again with the latest code in git.

> AFAIK nothing has changed in my setup, so I can't explain why it worked
> this morning but not now.

Maybe one of the sources was unreachable and synchronized to a more
distant source, which changed the selection sequence during the
removal and took a different path in the logging.