Re: [chrony-users] Need help to understand chrony results

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 01:36:54PM +0100, eric.le_corre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I don't understand because when i pass the command chronyc tracking, i have
> different results between the 2 servers in 'ref time (UTC)'. If i launch the
> command in the same time on the two servers :
>

> Server one : Ref time (UTC)  : Tue Nov 28 12:32:43 2023
>
> Server two : Ref time (UTC)  : Tue Nov 28 12:33:00 2023
>

> Sometimes the differents is more than 10 minutes. How to understand this ?

It's not the current time. It's the last update of the clock, which is
made when a new measurement is accepted from the source having '*' in
"chronyc sources". Even if you start the servers at the same time,
they will not be sending requests at the same time as the polling
intervals have small random adjustments, so the times cannot be
expected to be the same.