Re: [chrony-users] 'reload sources' fails when maxpoll is decreased

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 11:39:08AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> Hi,
> 'reload sources' fails if the maxpoll value is decreased for an existing source.
> Running 'reload sources' a second time seems to readd the source.

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce the bug. It can happen for
sources specified by IP address. If the parameters change so that they
are ordered before the original source, chronyd will try to add the
new source before removing the old one, which doesn't work as
there can be only one source with the same IP address. I think it will
need to be split into two phases, first removing sources and second
adding sources.