[chrony-users] refclock local with OCXO

I am working on accurate timekeeping for a machine which would be difficult to get GPS signal to, and I want to ask a few questions about using an OCXO as a PPS source. As I understand it from the documentation, this should be possible by configuring a PPS refclock (for example on an i210) and then setting the `local` attribute.

However an OCXO is fundamentally different from the other refclocks as it will have a small frequency error in one direction causing the phase of the PPS signal to wander, whereas a GPSDO should always have the same phase relative to UTC. Before buying hardware I want to make sure: will chrony will measure and correct for the frequency error and long-term drift in the OCXO using connected NTP servers? If so, how will I monitor this frequency error to make sure the process is happening properly?

Thanks,
Stephanie.