Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 10:04:02AM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> Is it not possible to achieve synchronization accuracy less than 100ns with
> chrony (with GPS and 1PPS).

With HW timestamping of the PPS signal (e.g. on the I210) it is
possible, but difficult to verify.

My question would be, why do you need the system clock to be so
accurate? The CPU is connected to the outside world over PCIe, which
has latency and possibly also asymmetry in hundreds of nanoseconds.
What do you do on that computer that this accuracy would make a
difference?

> Can we configure chrony behaving as a measurement tool (not to make any
> corrections)?

There is the chronyd -x option or the refclock noselect option for
that.