RE: [chrony-users] RE: Can we deny non-NTS client?

> chrony does not implement any modes that could amplify NTP traffic

Thank you.
But I afraid NTP server is vulnerable to spoofed source IP address of NTP client, it may participate DDoS attacks even though chrony does not amplify NTP traffic (amplification factor is small).

> If the NTP server didn't respond to unauthenticated NTP requests, it couldn't respond with NTS NAK to indicate the client it has expired cookies.

I understand.
I think it is a trade-off between spoofed source IP address and expired cookies.
I hope administrator of the NTP server can select which of them.

Best Regards,