Re: [chrony-users] rejecting one of two trusted hosts

If you are willing to accept a majority with time-alt1, why is it not trusted?

Well, I'm asking because I'm not clear on how best to express what we want to do. Should we be using "prefer" instead of "trust"? The alternate time servers are fine servers, but far enough away that they won't be setting time precisely enough.

The idea is that, if either tick or tock is serving good time, we want to get our time from them and not consider the alt servers. If they are both up but disagree on the time, historically it's been due to a relatively big difference (e.g., a 1s blip from an upstream PTP source) that put one of them clearly outside the consensus of the alt servers, so chrony's past behavior worked well for us.