RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: [chrony-users] Allow PPS to take over after NTP is in sync

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 10 June 2021 12:24
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [chrony-users] Allow PPS to take over after NTP is in sync

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 09:12:33AM +0000, Yoed Stavi wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> Sorry, I don't know the answer to that and I can't freely access the system to check.
> I do know that the NTP server was stratum 14 so I imagine that there's plenty wrong with the time on it vs. the PPS, in both frequency and offset.

In that case I'm not sure if you can get it work reliably. A PPS refclock will work only in a specific range of the offset. You can try changing options of the PPS refclock to "trust prefer", so it is not required for the initial selection when it doesn't have any samples yet and the NTP source can bootstrap it.