Re: [chrony-users] Will it EVER synch and start serving?

> On 2/03/2021, at 8:50 AM, Aaron D. Gifford <synctimeguy1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 3/1/21 12:44 PM, Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:
>>> On Mar 1, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Aaron D. Gifford <synctimeguy1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> CONFIG:
> <<snip>>
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server timesource-8-example.org iburst
>>> server ip6timesource.example.org iburst
> <<snip>>
>> Just guessing, but is it possible you have too many server entries, all with iburst ?
> I began my investigation without iburst.  I've tried it with all my servers, and with subsets of those servers by randomly commenting out half of them.  All with identical results--the problem persists.  *sigh*
>
> Yes, I'm playing the guessing game too.  Thanks for joining in!  I appreciate all suggestions.

You could try using a pool of servers that are known to be ok, (eg pool.ntp.org) if you are not doing that already. You have not said anything about the servers you are currently using. i.e are they LAN devices or over the internet?

Bryan Christianson
bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx