Re: [chrony-users] repeating "Can't synchronise: no selectable sources" log msgs ... but sources _are_ selected, and chrony _is_ sync'd. (mis)config or bug?

On 10/12/20 1:06 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> The issue here are the time jumps. When chronyd detects the clock has

> jumped outside of its control, it will drop all measurements and start

> from scratch. The "no selectable sources" is a result of that.

understood.

> ... Is it a virtual machine?

yup.
several are. 'this' one is a VB VM.

> Some have problems with their clock.

that's the primary reason for _installing_ chronyd -- to get past those issues.

and what I'd started to suspect might be causing some/all of this issue; i'd filed

	https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19954

re timesync issues with VB guest.

if that gets cleared up , we'll see if these jumps stop causing chronyd grief.

thx.