Re: [chrony-users] Multi-PPS+RTC Setup Questions

> So NMEA is one of the worst ways of getting accuracy (usually much worse than
> internet ntp.) (PPS, network, NMEA, wristwatch is the order of accuracy.)

Some networks are really crappy - see bufferbloat.  I have an old DSL line.
Round trip times are often over a second when I'm downloading something.

Some NMEA is really crappy.  SiRF is the one that comes to mine.
  http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/ntp/GPSSiRF-off.gif

There is nothing fundamental about timing on a serial port being crappy.  If
the line is idle and the software gives it some data to send, I'd expect the
data to start within a bit time.

Does anybody have data on any UBlox chips?  NMEA may be different than their
binary mode.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.