[chrony-users] chrony.conf: server or pool

I want to programmatically configure chrony, but I don't know if the given address is server or pool. The addess is something like »10.0.100.100« or »0.de.pool.ntp.org«. This worked well in centos 7 with ntp package. With centos 8 and chrony, I need to decide whether to use »server« or »pool« directive in /etc/chrony.conf. As I understand the man page, none of these two directives is good for both cases.

Thanks, Jože