Re: [chrony-users] chrony.conf: server or pool

If it is a definite IP address it is server. If it is a site which distributes
definite IP addresses (and pool in the name is hint) it is probably pool. What
happens with a pool address as I understand it, is that a query to a pool
address delivers back something like three actual addresses of ntp servers,
which is what chrony uses as server address to get time info from. So, if you
have a pool then if you look at chrony while it is running ( using chronyc and
the sources directive) you will will see something like 3 actual server
addresses which are used by chrony.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx