Re: [chrony-users] Usage of `chrony accheck ip-address`

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 07:04:50AM +0000, Jürgen Gmach wrote:
> So, if there is anything which could be changed to make it easier for the "admin in a hurry", I'd say:
> - add a note to all commands, which can only be executed as root / chrony user

That would be most of the commands. I don't like the idea of repeating
one sentence over and over if it's already explained at the beginning
of the man page.

> - at least for the `accheck address` give a complete example, ie some configuration, then several checks, and the result / command line output

That could help, but I'd like it to be consistent for all examples in
the man page. The commands can be specified on the shell command line
or in the chronyc command line and that looks different.

How about a new section that would explain all the error messages?
And maybe improve the "I keep getting the error 501 Not authorised"
answer in the FAQ?