Re: [chrony-users] Timeout for initstepslew?

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 02:58:42PM -0700, Zack Shivers wrote:
> > Were you getting significantly worse RMS with longer filters?
> I didn't try longer filters, because I was meeting your criteria using
> this number. Does a filter of 5 seem too short?

With this polling interval, it does seem a bit short to me, but if
your clock is not very stable (e.g. due to rapidly changing
temperature), or your network delay is stable (e.g. due to hardware
timestamping), it might be fine. I'd try few larger values, like 9,
17, 33 and see if it doesn't get worse.