[chrony-users] is there a retry after "no selectable sources"?

It appears that once Chrony has decided that there are no selectable sources, chrony goes silent and doesn't seem to retry those sources. Log entry: "Can't synchronise: no selectable sources".

How can I force Chrony to regularly re-check for a selectable source? or is there a configuration item to control re-checking the selectable sources?

Environment details: This refclock is the only time source configured in this VM, as this vm has no network access, I want it to use the hardware clock of the host, which is provided by hyper-v through a ptp device: /dev/ptp0

refclock PHC /dev/ptp0 trust poll 1 filter 4

The issue comes up after the Hyper-V host wakes from sleep, the VM doesn't know anything happened, but the time is wrong, for the first few seconds it seems Hyper-v hasn't correctly exposed the /dev/ptp0 device, so chrony gives up and says "no selectable sources". Workaround is a restart of the chrony service in the vm just 5-10 seconds after host wake from sleep, chrony will then see the /dev/ptp0 device and sync up just fine from then on.

I want to configure chrony to retry the source a few seconds after a source failure, because these hardware clocks are supposed to always be there, just maybe not for the first 1-2 seconds after resuming from sleep.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Ben