Re: [chrony-users] is there a retry after "no selectable sources"?

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 12:14:09PM -0600, Benjamin DeCamp wrote:
> It appears that once Chrony has decided that there are no selectable
> sources, chrony goes silent and doesn't seem to retry those sources. Log
> entry: "Can't synchronise: no selectable sources".
>
> How can I force Chrony to regularly re-check for a selectable source? or is
> there a configuration item to control re-checking the selectable sources?

chronyd is polling the refclock constantly and when it starts
providing measurements, if it will be selected again. If that doesn't
happen in your case, it's probably something wrong with the PTP device
that happens in the suspend/resume cycle. Maybe it was removed and a
new one was created? That would require a restart of chronyd.

It might help if we could see the debug output (chronyd -d -d) and
maybe also a strace.