Re: [chrony-users] Time synchronisation over a high-latency packet radio network

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 05:35:41PM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Actually, silly thought… the `chronyc` command, is there a way to make
> the `waitsync` call via an API of some kind (HTTP-based perhaps?).
>
> It'd be really handy to know for sure the clock is set rather than just
> checking to see that the current system time is later than the age of my
> application.
>
> The response codes I've seen out of `chronyc` hint at something HTTP
> based (maybe via a Unix-domain socket), which would work real well since
> I'm using the `asyncio` event loop.

It's a simple packet-based protocol, using a UDP or Unix-domain
socket. There is no library for the protocol. You would need to look
at the candm.h file and client.c. The response codes are not in the
protocol, that's just a chronyc thing.