Re: [chrony-users] Time synchronisation over a high-latency packet radio network

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 01:53:36PM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a problem where I need to provide a time synchronisation
> service for small embedded computers whose only link to the outside
> world is a slow and high-latency packet radio network.

Very interesting project!

> `chronyd` worked beautiful then.  If the clock is years off though,
> `chronyd` seems reluctant to do anything about it, assuming that the one
> NTP server it can reach is at fault.

That's weird. It might help if we could see the measurements,
statistics and tracking logs.

Your config looks good to me, except I'd expect a larger maxdistance
to be needed in this case, but that's not related to the initial time
setting.