Re: [chrony-users] rtconutc option

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:53:22AM +0200, cfanygapa wrote:
>    I keep UTC for RTC on my hosts but do not use "rtconutc" in my chrony
>    configs and everything is ok, I never observed chrony trying to set local
>    time to RTC. So I am a bit puzzled with all of that. Is it expected and
>    does it mean chrony checks that I have UTC for RTC automatically?

This RTC setting matters only when chronyd is tracking or setting the
RTC, i.e. when rtcfile is in the config. With rtcsync it doesn't
matter if chronyd thinks the RTC is in UTC or not.

Also, there is a hwclockfile directive (which might be enabled by
default in your distro's package) which sets the rtconutc
automatically per /etc/adjtime.