From: Miroslav Lichvar (mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx)
Date: 02-01-2019 10:52
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] IPv6 Broadcast configuration

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 04:06:58PM +0100, Mark Schouten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was planning on configuring chrony to do IPv6 broadcasts, using the 'broadcast interval address [port]' directive. I'm wondering though how I can specify which interface I want to broadcast on. The machine has multiple interfaces and I do not want to broadcast on all interfaces. I would expect to configure ff02::101%eth1, but chrony will not start if I configure that.

chrony doesn't support scoped IPv6 addresses, so I'm not sure if there
is a way to do that with the current code.

The support could be implemented. But I'd like to ask, why do you use
the broadcast mode? My current plan is to remove the support for the
(server) broadcast mode at some point as it's less secure and less
accurate than the client and symmetric mode.

Trouble?  Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.