Re: [chrony-users] Can chrony correct very wrong RTC?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:25:58PM +0200, Leo von Klenze wrote:
> 1) on boot I set the Sysclock from the RTC via hwclock. hwclocks uses
> the drift from /etc/adjtime
> 2) afterwards chrony is started and I configured chrony to synchronize
> the RTC on runtime

rtcsync or rtcfile+rtcautotrim?

> 3) on shutdown I ensure that the RTC is set to the Sysclock one last
> time via hwclock

It's not very clear to me how this works :). I think hwclock has the
same requirement as chrony, that it has to be the only program
adjusting the clock, otherwise the measured drift will be incorrect. I
guess switching between them is possible, but when one adjusts the
RTC, I think the drift file of the other one needs to be updated.