[chrony-users] Can chrony correct very wrong RTC?

Hello,

I've a cubietruck with a very weird RTC. It is off by about 2384 seconds per day if the box is not running. While running the offset is just about 480s per day.

Is there anything chrony can do about it? I'm not quite sure out of the docs what chrony exactly is doing with the drift f the RTC. I'm using rtcfile option in config and "-s" switch on startup. However chrony sets the system clock from the RTC on startup but without any correction (as far as I can see).

Can chrony handle such a case or do I have go get hwclock with /etc/adjtime in place as well?

Thank you for any hints.

Best
 Leo