Re: [chrony-users] Newbie Help Needed

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:36:31AM -0800, Stuart Maclean wrote:
> Again, the string is ended by a \n, and again I use canonical mode and
> hence need only a single read to get this string from kernel space back
> to user space.  Then:

The code looks good.

If the string has a constant length and you are effectivelly time
stamping the transmission of the \n character, I guess that could
explain the stability. I'm not sure about the small offset to the PPS
though. It's interesting.

If you can connect the board to the internet, I think it would be good
to add an NTP server to the config and verify that the PPS+CSAC
sources are in an agreement with that.