Re: [chrony-users] Newbie Help Needed

Hi Miroslav, folks,

so I ran with your suggested pseudo code and settings for /etc/chrony.conf:

> refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.serial.sock refid CSAC noselect
> refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.pps.sock refid PPS lock CSAC

I started chronyd thus:

$ sudo ./chronyd -d

since I wanted to monitor any messages at the terminal.

2018-01-09T19:17:04Z chronyd version 2.3 starting (+CMDMON +NTP
+REFCLOCK -RTC -PRIVDROP -SCFILTER )

I then started, from a second terminal on my target system (an arm5
board), my own app which does the send() calls you had suggested.

Somewhat bizarrely, chronyd is complaining about the incoming data:

2018-01-09T19:17:44Z Could not read SOCK sample : Bad file descriptor

and this line repeats at a very high rate until I have to kill chronyd.

I can see in the sources that this is from routine read_sample in
refclock_sock.c.  This is an I/O error, i.e. is occuring before the
contents of any data is even checked.

I am at a loss as to what exactly I did wrong.

Stuart