Re: [chrony-users] Newbie Help Needed

An update to my earlier mail, which I now appreciate was low on details.
 I added some debug, just printfs, to the chronyd sources...

If I start chronyd with the two 'refclock' lines in /etc/chrony.conf, I
see fds of 3 and 4 for the two sockets, which is fine.  3 is the
'serial' refclock socket and 4 is the 'pps' refclock socket.

Now, in my app, if I ONLY write to the pps socket, chronyd reads 32-byte
samples just fine.  But as soon as I write to the serial socket, chronyd
now has a value for that fd not of 3 but of 1076014820.  So somewhere
that fd is being corrupted.

I should also point out that if ONLY the serial refclock is defined in
/etc/chrony.conf, then reads from that socket DO work.  It is the combo
of the TWO refclocks that is causing the serial refclock to become
corrupted, socket-wise.

I should point also that my target system is a legacy Linux 2.6.10.  I
cross-compile for that board from an equally legacy arm-linux-gcc 3.4.0.
 I did build chronyd with -Wall added to CFLAGS and didn't see any
warning that might suggest some pointer-to-struct issues.

Confused.

Stuart