Re: [chrony-users] Possible bug in PPS support

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:14:21PM +0200, Rob Janssen wrote:
I am now monitoring the Root dispersion and this appears to work OK, after some tweaking
of the threshold value.  The reference time unfortunately is in a format that is not easy to
check for "being recent" in a simple script, it would be nice if there was a "seconds since epoch"
field as well (as there is in ntpd/ntpq).
With the -c option, which is available in newer chrony versions, the
reference timestamp is printed in "seconds since epoch".

$ chronyc -c tracking | awk -F , '{ print $4 }'
1508912704.491908798

Thanks!  I have updated to 3.2 but not re-read the manpage.
This format is much easier to parse in our monitoring plugin, I'll rework it to use this feature.

Rob