Re: [chrony-users] Possible bug in PPS support

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
One point I forgot to make is that even if chronyd reselected immediately after the reach value of the PPS refclock got to 0, like ntpd does, checking stratum or selected source wouldn't be a reliable way to monitor the accuracy, because the reselection wouldn't happen if the NTP source was down too.

Ok I will experiment with watching the root delay and -dispersion and see how they behave when removing PPS on my test system.
At the moment (after being locked for 8 hours or so) it shows:

Root delay      : 0.000000001 seconds
Root dispersion : 0.000010389 seconds

Rob