|Re: [chrony-users] Not getting time from gpsd|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Not getting time from gpsd
- From: Chris Greenman <chris.m.greenman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 13:21:56 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=4GNmUing4YllCp0ZqPqDzo70Cze1F5ZOf4OYeMQjOUw=; b=mEWqLNTfq2sZax3c/yRi/LjntTfYSO5vAmShAIvWNuGscCbynsIcQjK28RXeHauCcD dZ9h7SjkDOvyr2/07+wQznEgbrAdmYDCV4+DWwtacMOZ4tv5J4Ep8vCRFygiJi5vMz55 YkfxEitm2JT0yYrGOFIc76RN/HvJmGJIY/sNYkMWJvJT10Aj9MQskx4jGUOSW2sZPxCX rUiyKPsXz1ziQrkHlqFzNJo61eSqtj7mqxbaDlKjtPDrnrhppub2HWNstXaFffAg52vQ TVOS0libx4IlMfFBMntQoWwbx0ZwopX2wSRCOz1LT/6ZoiOh1AdlWjadSvLoq4OjfwcC TCLg==
UGH!!! I really wish distros would provide software that is more up to date. Looks like it might have been gpsd.
On a whim I decided to scrap the repo provided gpsd AND chrony and compiled everything myself. it now appears as if everything is working.
chrony sources output:
210 Number of sources = 1
MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
#* GPS 0 4 377 17 +296us[ +347us] +/- 200ms
I am perfectly happy with 200ms error in time. That more than suits my needs.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I was trying to save time and frustration by using the repo supplied (and you would think tested) binaries. It would have been a lot quicker and less frustrating to just compile. lol.