|[chrony-users] DNS Resolving with pool|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: "chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [chrony-users] DNS Resolving with pool
- From: Louis Philippe Lessard <louisphilippe.lessard@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 19:11:11 +0000
- Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
- Authentication-results: chrony.tuxfamily.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;chrony.tuxfamily.org; dmarc=none action=none header.from=videri.com;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=Videri.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-videri-com; h=From:To:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=48BtWfDiLNIWXMmLlYSJ08r1fpfimNW7YIZ6BpxLnR8=; b=Md8EHzoI/4LxtERPVEosh1x4glSivylL6T9KSxrWv+7eMju8BJUJpp2yJmMqo2i5u5Z8bCb53XBgaOC5IZXEFEKh0hFFVLzxMuMHGh7xvqI+JZ978SXuYMpTphg4uVeKfAXNbj+dETA2kPgCAsT6Jwjx15gH262HMFgALhZpc3A=
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRq7jhRl4VRnJeikeIP3XoJQDC0w==
- Thread-topic: DNS Resolving with pool
Just a quick question about how the IP address is resolved from a pool of server.
If I use the pool directive in the chrony.conf configuration file, many IP addresses will be fetch from the same DNS address.
How often will that process occurred? Is the DNS addresses only resolve when the Chrony start-up? Or is it a regular process?
I guess I'm wondering if the servers (IPs) will change overtime since for pool the DNS don't always resolves to the same address.