|Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS
- From: Roel Schroeven <roel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:29:55 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=roelschroeven.net; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type:date:from:in-reply-to :message-id:mime-version:references:subject:to:x-sasl-enc :x-sasl-enc; s=mesmtp; bh=6tKhTfzARGfUo4mQ6eR8w2uBDeU=; b=W18/JZ IexcdDeL5Jrxztk+BkVnR9QkYMUAuYY4ptaqEmkmitbYoIKkVkddJODN1TobnKbU fFtI8dQKhOPHftyl3GR3pk3fh+IWpl887t3xLoCRUTJV+koRaIoOMFuV5ak1m4Rj 0o/tt248ZxlRHA/qpnfoO0TMtBjFgkiCLRoJ0=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s=smtpout; bh=6tKhTfzARGfUo4m Q6eR8w2uBDeU=; b=p/Q77NfsuuBawvEFInEsKuaHQPrQfettyORrcQrk6qR7M6+ pO1AQITZaJXgTmwLeQPwmmR9QRy5yZRAudZ+c8q45r8MTqvEBnpXaFkdmXjM1wAk eCDNWlpiZVRvXpyBr+0R2pUDx7Z1xR+3Qp2zPLQYgrE4q9tfegKoRA15q4x4=
Deven Hickingbotham schreef op 2016-04-11 22:10:
Is the GPS connected with a serial link? What baudrate? Default for NMEA
is 4800 bps AFAIK, but if I'm reading Adafruit's website correctly your
Adafruit Ultimate GPS uses 9600 bps by default. Even that may not be
enough for 10 position updates per second. Maybe the GPS simply has
trouble sending all data in the available time.
Yes, but I didn't expect that it would affect chrony. The update rate
was increased from 1 per second to 10 time per second (since this didn't
affect the PPS signal, I didn't expect it to impact chrony).
Changing the update rate back to 1 per second corrected the issue, but I
need an update rate of at least 5 per second (preferably 10).
Can you try increasing the baudrate of the serial connection? See
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people
some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the
-- Abraham Lincoln
"You can fool too many of the people too much of the time."
-- James Thurber
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.