Re: [chrony-users] Chrony source selection algorithm documentation

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 01:09:35PM +0100, Henrik Bieler wrote:
> Does the refclock parameter "precision" have an influence on how soon
> the gps is considered better than the offline servers?

Yes. The precision is included in the root distance, which is one of
the things that the source selection algorithm looks at.

> I have it set to "precision 1e0" at the moment. Would you recommend a
> different setting?

One second is probably too much. Maybe 1e-2 would be better depending
on how stable is the offset from the refclock. I think it would be ok
to leave it at the default.