Re: [chrony-users] Chrony Server Not Listening

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Nathan wrote:

I let the time sync come from systemd with the NTP servers I set in
the wan's .network file.

Why would you do that? Chrony not only disciplines the clocks better (smaller
offset from the "right time") but has other advantages as well (eg much faster
convergence, reporting the "right time" to clients even before it has
converged, ....)

local stratum->"# If you want to present your computer's time for
others to synchronise
# with, even if you don't seem to be synchronised to any NTP servers
# yourself"
So for the case such as yesterday when my ISP connection dropped, I
still wanted my devices to sync time with my server.

...hmm, it's sounding like you hadn't seen the interaction I had with
Miroslav Lichvar where the issue is resolved.

No I had not. Sorry.