[chrony-users] Best way to force clock step at shutdown

Hello,

  As I read on an old post here:
    http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users/2014/10/msg00004.html

  The recommended way to be able to force a sync is to generate a
burst and wait 10 sec for measurements to complete, then do the
stepping on the clock.

  My requirements need to sync time only at shutdown, but time cannot
change during machine activity, if I do the burst, sleep, makestep at
shutdown it works, but I would prefer to not have to wait.

  What I am planning to do is to have a systemd unit file that
triggers the burst at machine startup, then does the makestep at
shutdown, that way I believe clock should only step at shutdown
correctly without modifying time during machine activity.

  I would like to know if that's best recommended way to do that or if
there are other alternatives I could use.

Best regards
--