Re: [chrony-users] Multiple interfaces is possible?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 08:48:39AM +0000, Jahagirdar, Bhushan wrote:
> I want to feed time data from multiple sources to chronyd.
> How can I support this with the current interfaces that chronyd provides?
> Can I generate multiple SOCK interfaces for every source ? What are the limitations in doing this?

You can feed chronyd with data from multiple refclocks, but each
source should have its own socket, so chronyd can filter their samples
properly, compare the sources, discard falsetickers, etc. For example:

refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/refclock.1.sock
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/refclock.2.sock
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/refclock.3.sock

If the sources don't agree exactly with each other, you may need to
increase their assumed delay with the delay option (1 nanosecond by
default), so their intervals overlap and pass the source selection.