Re: [chrony-users] Chrony socket interface protocol?

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, Askar Ibragimov wrote:

Hello,
I would like to interact with Chrony from my own program via a network socket. Earlier I was doing so
with NTPD.  I need to know which time source Chrony is based (to detect if it uses my GPSD or not) and
other information regarding its current precision and such - so I should be able to tell if I am running
particular time source (such as name="PPS") and whether my clock is now precise to it or not.

I appreciate if a reference to such protocol could be share with me.

Look at the code for chronyc, which does all that.

Cheers, Askar