Re: [chrony-users] Automotive usage of chronyd

On 05/04/2015 08:49, Olivier Delbeke wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot. I will dig into the code and try to understand exactly what happens and how I could use chronyd in the best possible way. Then, I will propose it to AGL. You said ""But yes, you can tell it to jump the clock if it is far off initially (or at any time) rather than slewing"" Do you know how to do that ? Is it a configuration option or do you mean changing the code ? Maybe I should just look at how chronyc does that.

Happy Easter,
Olivier
No need to delve into the code, Olivier; the usage guide tells you everything you need!
http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/manual.html#initstepslew-directive

Tom