[chrony-users] Chronyd not adjusting the board's time when trying to adjust with PC(running ntp) time

I am using the latest version chronyd-1.27 for syncing my embedded board (running linux 2.6.27.27) with my pc running ntp server. The board is connected to the PC via a wireless ap with the board containing the wireless client. my wish to synchronise the board with the pc when ever the client is connected to the ap. the setup is

board running chronyd-1.27 --(eth link)-> client ---(wirless)--> ap -(eth link)--> pc running ntp server

With the configuration attached im some times able to sync the board with the pc but sometimes there is no syncing occuring. I even captured the packets transfer in wireshark running in the pc im able to see transfer of packets between client and the server with original timestamp and receive timestamp to that of the PC's time. however checking the date in the board doesn't show any change in the time, it remains at wat it was before. however sometimes it correctly adjusts to the PC's time. why does this occur?! in order to perform the sync i connect and disconnect the ap/client link which mimics the offline setting in chronyd. Attached pls find the chrony.conf and chronyd_connected is called whenever the client is connected to the ap.  am i missing something very basic?! i tried to look at the configs they all seem to be okay to me. or is it not?! also attaching the log files which has cases where the sync was successful. plz help! many thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
R.Vasanth Ragavendran