Re: [chrony-users] Chronyd not adjusting the board's time when trying to adjust with PC(running ntp) time

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 02:35:26PM +0800, Vasanth Ragavendran wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using the latest version chronyd-1.27 for syncing my embedded board
> (running linux 2.6.27.27) with my pc running ntp server. The board is
> connected to the PC via a wireless ap with the board containing the
> wireless client. my wish to synchronise the board with the pc when ever the
> client is connected to the ap. the setup is
>
> board running chronyd-1.27 --(eth link)-> client ---(wirless)--> ap -(eth
> link)--> pc running ntp server
>
> With the configuration attached im some times able to sync the board with
> the pc but sometimes there is no syncing occuring.

By syncing not occuring you mean the system time doesn't correspond to
the remote clock? From the logs it seems there are large offsets which
will probably need the makestep directive in the config (makestep 1 -1
to not limit the step to the first update) or chronyc makestep.

The chronyc tracking output prints the remaining uncorrected offset.
(I'm wondering if it would be useful to include it also in the
tracking log.)