Re: [chrony-users] Fatal error : adjtimex() failed

On 23/08/2012 12:20, Tomalak Geret'kal wrote:
Having fixed that, I can now see that the *actual* error from shmget() (as implied by the SYS_307 line, I guess) is errno 22 EINVAL (Invalid argument), and *not* 2 (No file or directory).

Tom

I've found a discrepancy in the size of the shmTime structure: chrony does it the same as gpsd (so, presumably, correctly), but my in-house shm source, which *is* known to function properly as such, regardless has a typo in the dimension of the "dummy" array member.

me:
  int dummy[0];

chrony/gpsd:
  int dummy[10];

What a dummy.
I'm sure that correcting this typo will bring an end to my problems starting chrony.

Tom