[chrony-users] chrony: Use of RTC trimming together with ntpdate: A Bad Thing ?

Due to the nature of my systems, I need to use a separate system-time-setting tool besides a time keeping
daemon, because my boot up looks like this:
1. Add temporary route
2. run ntpdate to defined server
3. Remove temporary route
4. Start chronyd (with RTC trimming + restoring)
5. Start real routing services

The helper route for the initial time update (which can be very large) needs to go away before the "real" routing
services start, because this would interfere with the whole systems operation.

So, please: can ntpdate be used in conjunction with chrony and RTC trimming ? Special configuration needed ?

Note: Sorry if this is daft question but I need to be sure on this, so ask the experts :-)

Thanks,
Thomas Schmid

---